Since its inception, NSS -JMC Delhi has been rendering valuable voluntary services to the Society through various social welfare projects. With the basic aim of working for the cause of poor and to help foster the development of a spirit of socio-cultural interaction and service among students and people from other walks of life, NSS has been working relentlessly. The principle emphasis on the fact that true education can be said to be complete only when the students commitment to the society is fulfilled in terms of voluntary services for the betterment of common man.
Through years NSS has been organising various talks, camps and campaigns; all enabling the students to expand their horizons and becoming productive citizens of the society.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS)are :
1) understand the community in which they work
2) understand themselves in relation to their community
3) identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
4) develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
5) utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
6) develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
7) gain skills in mobilising community participation
8) acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
9) develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
10) practise national integration and social harmony
The Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person's point of view and also show consideration to other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well doctrined in this motto, which underlines on the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
So lets work together ,
To Rise, To Lead, To make a Change,
To Help, To Serve, To bring a Smile,
Stand when we must, Say what we need to,
To give a meaning to ,"NOT ME, BUT YOU"
PRESIDENT: Arshiya Chopra
VICE PRESIDENT: Ayushi Gupta
Every year NSS conducts NSS Diwali Mela . Different NGO’s put up their stalls in college. Students buy the beautiful things made by those NGOs .There are various food stalls as well. NSS organise workshops and talks on the important issues for the students of our college.